A blitz car bomb and fierce gunfire surprised the Egyptian Security troops at the northeastern Sinai Peninsula on Friday July 7, 2017. According to the reports 10 Egyptian security troops including a special forces colonel dead and wounding at least 20. The blitz attack started when a suicide car bomber rammed his vehicle into a checkpoint at a military compound in the southern Rafah village of el-Barth. And the situation was followed by dozens of heavy gunfire from masked unknown militants. Sirens of ambulances were heard from a distance as they rushed to the site of the attack. Until now No group immediately claimed responsibility for the attack. However, Egypt in recent years has been battling a stepped-up insurgency in northern Sinai, mainly by militants from an Islamic State group affiliate. The Sinai branch of the Islamic States group appears to be the most resilient outside Syria and Iraq, where the so-called caliphate is witnessing its demise. Still the officials were searching to the masked militants who cause demise to the checkpoint. The images and footage at the crime scene were no open to the public according to an officer of the Egypt.
- Vegas Mole Hunted by Rogue FBI Brass; Death Threats Made to True Pundit over Mandalay Bay Investigative Series
- South Korea Will Shut Off Computers To Stop Employees From Overworking
- Buckley backs Cox to respond after poor night
- Nomi Prins: Collusion – Central Bank Money Rules The World
- Cricketing personalities react to Australian cheating revelations