Almost 28 million rai of rice farmland operated by 1.91 million farmers is insured for the 2018 crop year, while only 6% of the insured areas claimed compensation last year, says the chief of the Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives (BAAC).
- Sydney’s not full, but Berejiklian says some parts might be
- Friels on song, a clown in the face of tragedy
- ‘Never seen anything like this’: How Sydney’s trains came to a grinding halt
- ‘Mayday’: watch the ‘firenado’ that swallowed Jeremy Stoke
- Taxpayers foot politicians’ $81,000 Commonwealth Games hotel bill