Russia is getting ready to invest US$50 billion in Iran’s oil and gas industry as the two countries continue to seek closer ties, just as the United States is looking to cut as much Iranian crude oil exports from the market as possible. “Russia is ready to invest $50bn in Iran’s oil and gas sectors,” according to Ali Akbar Velayati, Senior Adviser for International Affairs of the Supreme Leader of the Islamic Republic, as carried by the Financial Times. Velayati was on a visit to Moscow that included a meeting with Russian…
- Could a four-day working week become the new norm for British employees?
- ‘No guarantee’: Andrew Barr moves says stadium deal is a long way off
- The Kosciusko: Country cousin of The Everest a grand prize for small trainers
- Lon way back: New distillery raises spirits in an old brothel
- How ‘big-picture thinking’ and IB study go hand in glove