Despite its notoriety as a legacy producing region, the UK’s continental shelf yielded 20 percent more oil and gas in the last five years after 14 consecutive years of production declines, the industry’s association, Oil and Gas UK, said in its latest annual Business Outlook. The figure for 2018 was 1.7 million barrels of oil equivalent daily and it covered 59 percent of the country’s oil and gas demand, the industry body noted, adding that newly approved projects last year exceeded the total number for the previous three years…
- Weighing The Week Ahead: Why Is The Market So Quiet?
- SpaceX capsule suffers ‘anomaly’ during tests in Florida
- Queensland government slaps ban on junk food ads
- Sri Lanka bombings LIVE: 50 killed in Easter Catholic church explosions, 200 injured
- Sri Lanka explosions: 50 killed as churches and hotels targeted